Bleeding your M5x engine can be a nightmare at times. BMW set up their cooling system with an external reservoir and bleeder screw. The problem with this, is it's not the optimal location to bleed your system. This EZ bleed aluminum thermostat helps make bleeding your coolant just a little easier. The housing mounts to your M50, M52, S50, or S52 with no modifications except making the top radiator hose about 2 inches shorter. This aluminum thermostat housing features a bleed screw in line with the top radiator hose, making it easier to bleed your system.
Fitment: M50, M52, S50, S52
- Install the EZ bleed aluminum thermostat housing per BMW instructions.
- Keep the bleeder screw on the stock reservoir closed.
- Crack the bleed screw on the thermostat housing housing (you do not need to remove it.
- Fill the reservoir all the way to the top and replace cap.
- Start your engine, and place the heater controls on max hot, with the fan on high.
- Let the engine come up to temperature, and shut off.
- *Important, wait for the engine to cool and remove the reservoir cap.
- Fill the reservoir again to the top and replace cap. Start your engine and get up to temperature again.
- Repeat steps 4-8 about 3 times.
- You should see bubbles coming out of the thermostat housing bleeder screw. When you feel full heat in the car, tighten the bleeder screw and you are done.
NOTE: If you add a thermostat, the lower the degree allows the thermostat to open earlier. By allowing this to happen, the engine cools sooner. 80° C thermostats are popular upgrades when removing the clutch fan or track day cars.
M5x EZ BLEED ALUMINUM THERMOSTAT HOUSING
- M5x EZ Bleed Aluminum Thermostat Housing
- Upgraded Aluminum Construction
- Fits M50, M52, S50, S52
- Includes Gasket
- (If You Add Optional Thermostat, Includes Gasket As Well)